Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hotel Monterey Osaka

I'm back!

Osaka was fun! 大阪楽しかった!

We stayed at a hotel called 'Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka'. ホテルモントレグラスミア大阪に泊まった!

Doesn't it look elegant and oh so classy and posh???

I took a picture too but it's bad. Check out the website link above!

We got it at a super good price though! I think we got around 60-70% off~~~
Discount page here (in Japanese)!

Plus it's super easy to go to and fro KIX (Kansai International Airport) because it's near the OCAT bus stop. No dragging luggages here and there and getting squeezed in trains or changing trains, i love that! The to and fro bus ticket is only 1000yen one way ^.^ It's really close to Nanba (難波)station on JR line. Lots of convenience stores around. Also a Life supermarket, Daiso and 300yen shop very nearby.

When we got there though we were kinda like...WHERE IS THE RECEPTION/LOBBY???



Then we realized it's on the 22nd floor...Isn't that weird? First time me going to a hotel with the reception on such a high floor.

The lift was kinda spectacular. There was a fan inside. No, I kid you not.


And it was so noiseless and smooth! Could hardly tell we were moving. And so fast!

The hotel staff could speak English~~

This is the lift lobby to go up:



The round things are the lights that light up...makes me feel like I'm in some fun house or something! Haha..kinda exotic..

They use a card scanning system for the lift to get your floor, and this lift looks different:



And then you scan your card again after getting out of the lift:



Strangely, there's a chapel in the hotel, on the 22nd floor!


The first night, our room was nothing fabulous. It was just normal (double bed) but the view was WOW:





But the 2nd time we checked in after getting back from Kyushu, we were lucky coz all the non smoking double bed rooms were booked out so we got a twin bed room:

Cute right?可愛いでしょう?

I also like the bathroom because they have hot water, good shampoo, rinse (conditioner), body soap, body sponge, shaver etc etc. And I like their hand/face soap! It's nice!


Plus it's near Dotonburi 〔道頓掘)(which I will post about soon) and you can take a direct subway to Osaka station. I think it's about 230-260yen. I forgot~

Some other decor in the hotel:




Anyway it was really interesting staying there! They also offer massages and sell pyjamas haha.

There are only a few small things they could improve on like putting a small bottle of lotion in the bathroom, training the front desk more about travel/touristy stuff like the daily subway ticket..

And the last thing I was abit annoyed with was they were giving away a free small bottle of lotion on the day we checked in the 2nd time, but I didn't get any. I'm hoping it's because they forgot and not because I was 外人(gaijin).







No comments: